Aspire Support Groups
Sometimes people benefit from addressing their conditions or circumstances with others who are experiencing the same concerns. Aspire offers several such therapy and/or support groups, with new ones forming regularly.
- Support Group for Parents of Children with Special Needs
- Facing the Challenge: Multiple Sclerosis in Your 20s co-sponsored by The National Chapter of the MS Society - the only one of its kind in the DC area
- Social Skills for teens and young adults on the Autism Spectrum
- Support Groups for parents with young adults on the Autism Spectrum
- Stress Management Group Modules
Aspire accepts referrals from interested participants as well as providers, family members, and concerned friends and community members.
Groups are offered either in Aspire’s Gaithersburg office or in the community.
Insurance may cover therapy groups. Aspire accepts Medicaid, Medicare and many private insurance carriers. In addition, some of these groups are offered free to the community as part of Aspire’s commitment to make services available to those who may need it. Currently the Support Group for parents of Children with Special Needs and the Young Adult MS Support group are offered at not cost to participants.